642 1 1
|LesleyTanaka private msg quote post Address this user|
plus 1 0
|We're looking for Meat & Seafood Clerks for both our Mission and Haight locations!
About Gus’s Community Market
We believe that markets are a gathering place for the community, a space to both foster and nurture relationships that extend for generations. For over 30 years, our family has served San Francisco with the utmost commitment to offer quality goods, champion local purveyors, advocate for environmental stewardship, and create a workplace for our staff to grow and prosper. We are ever-evolving yet do not lose sight of our core values created by our father and grandfather, and remain mindful of the character of a neighborhood market. We strive to provide a diverse selection of goods satisfying every palate and price point. We take pride in personally knowing many of our vendors having worked with them for decades. We respect our employees and offer them sustainable livelihoods. We support our community by participating in fundraising efforts such as the Scrip school program. We cultivate, support, and strive for integrity in everything we do – from picking the most pristine peach from the early morning markets to handing a lollipop to a kid waiting for mom.
We offer a 20% discount on purchases throughout the store, a medical and dental plan after 30 days, 401K retirement plan after one year of employment and paid vacation begins to accrue after one year of employment.
Reporting to the Meat and Seafood Department Manager, the meat and seafood clerks provide exceptional service and quality products for our customers.
Gus’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual identity, sexual orientation, age, creed, genetic information, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or other basis protected by applicable federal or California state law.
- Provide excellent, friendly and knowledgeable customer service. It is our job to make sure the customer leaves satisfied, so great customer service is a MUST.
- Follow all weights and measures procedures.
- Set and maintain meat, poultry and seafood case and display ensuring proper product rotation.
- Help customers select the best product for what they are making.
- Maintains orderly rotation of stock in the butcher's refrigerator and freezer.
- Takes instruction, direction, and follows procedures provided by our head butcher.
- Keep a clean and sanitary work station at all times.
- 2-4 years prior butchery experience preferred.
- Some seafood experience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of all cuts of beef, lamb, pork, and poultry.
- Excellent knife skills.
- Food Safety Certification preferred.
- Diverse cooking skills.
- Demonstrate the highest level of knife safety.
- Must be able to communicate with customers who speak only English.
- Ability to provide great customer service while maintaining a clean, organized and safe work environment.
- Committed to providing quality goods, championing local purveyors, and advocating for environmental stewardship.
- A sense of humor and ability to find fulfillment in engaging with customers.
- Must be able to regularly and safely lift heavy objects greater than 40 pounds unassisted.
- Able to stand all day while frequently bending and twisting, occasionally kneeling/squatting, and light to moderate lifting.
- Open schedule is preferred, evenings, weekends and holidays are a must.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
This job posting describes the general requirements of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To Apply: Please send us your most recent resume, three professional references and a brief cover letter with a description of yourself and your availability to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!!! Thanks!
|Post 1 IP flag post|