613 1 1
|cpwillsey private msg quote post Address this user|
plus 1 0
|Healthy Living Market and Café is seeking a Category Manager for our Meat & Seafood departments. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team of category managers who are experts in the selection, merchandising, pricing and promotion of the incredible local and national brands and products we offer our guests in our NY and VT retail stores.
The Category Manager for Meat & Seafood will work closely with the Director of Purchasing to ensure the sales and margins goals of the meat and seafood departments in both Healthy locations while adhering to Healthy Living brand standards and our commitment to local, natural, organic and sustainable meats and seafood.
The successful candidate will demonstrate proven experience in the following areas:
• Previous experience as a meat cutter in a high-volume retail setting
• Strong knowledge of sub-primal processing, yielding and costing for all generally accepted retail cuts of animal proteins. (Familiarity with URMIS and NAMPS)
• Experience with whole animal butchery considered ideal
• Supervisory and/or training experience of meat cutters
• Extensive knowledge of the retailing of meats and seafood in both the full-service and retail ready environment
• Familiarity of Meat and Poultry HACCP (Current or past HACCP certification highly valued)
• Proven experience hitting margin and sales goals
• Knowledge of industry standards for shrink, yields and margin goals
• Familiarity with sustainable practices within the industry
• Knowledge of best practices in the procurement, handling, and processing of fresh fish and shellfish
• Extensive knowledge of the retailing of meats and seafood in both the full-service and retail-ready environments
The successful candidate will have, at minimum, a working knowledge of the following:
• ECR Catapult or other POS back office/inventory management system(s)
• EPLUM or other scale interface for random weight products
• Ability to analyze data
• Minimum of basic MS Excel skills
Bachelor’s degree in business, retailing, management, sales/marketing, preferred.
This is a full-time, salary exempt position with benefits that include combined paid time off, health insurance, HSA company contributions, dental/vision insurance, short and long-term disability insurance through Aflac, 401(k) with generous company contribution, 1 week paid paternity/maternity leave, charitable donation matches, our fantastic staff discount, plus many more listed on our careers page. This position requires extensive hours on-site in our Saratoga Springs, NY location for an initial period of time and regular travel between both store locations thereafter.
Apply online at:
|Post 1 IP flag post|